In this article, we will be sharing with you more on the list of mandatory and additional documents for your Singapore Permanent Residence (PR) application. For the mandatory documents, they are essential for the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (“ICA”) to process your application. Should your documents be incomplete or does not meet the ICA’s reviewing standards, you stand a high risk of getting your application rejected during the screening phase.
As for the additional aka supporting documents, they help to present your profile as a sincere applicant who is committed to bring both economic and social substance to Singapore.
Let us take a look at the list of compulsory documents required for a work pass holder who is applying for PR under the ‘Professional, Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers’ (PTS) Scheme.
1) Mandatory Documents
– Valid travel document or passport pages showing personal particulars and official descriptions
– Valid work pass (S Pass / EP / PEP / Entrepass);
– National Identity card (if applicable); and
– Birth certificate or official household census list or family register, showing both parents’ name & more.
– Highest educational certificates (including all tertiary qualifications), transcripts, professional license/membership certificates and vocational trade certificates
– Testimonials from previous employer(s) stating the nature and duration of employment and the last drawn basic salary (if any);
– Payslips for the last 6 months; and
– Current Employer’s letter stating the date of employment, position held, salary per month for the past 6 months with breakdown into basic, overtime and allowance per month. The letter, addressed to the Controller of Immigration, should be dated within 1 month from the date of submission.
Additional documents (if applicant is married):
– Official marriage certificate
– Death certificate or divorce certificate in respect of your previous marriages (if any)
– Custody papers for the child(ren) in respect of your previous marriage(s) (if any)
– Spouse’s highest educational certificates (including all tertiary qualifications), transcripts, professional license/membership certificates and vocational trade certificates; If you are including your spouse in the application, please include the following:
– Spouse’s valid travel document with valid Immigration Pass and passport pages showing personal particulars and official descriptions are required;
– Spouse’s birth certificate showing both parents’ name;
– Spouse’s deed poll or change of name certificate (if applicable);
– Spouse’s identity card (if applicable); and
– Death certificate or divorce certificate and the custody papers for the child(ren) in respect of your spouse’s previous marriage(s) (if any).
The following additional documents are required If you are including your child(ren) in the application:
– Child’s valid travel document with valid Immigration Pass and passport pages showing personal particulars and official descriptions
– Child’s birth certificate showing both the child’s and the parents’ names
– Child’s adoption papers (if applicable); and C4. Child’s deed poll or change of name certificate (if applicable)
Letters for information clarification or verification by authorities:
– IRAS consent form to give consent for ICA to obtain and verify financial information provided in respect of this application with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore directly
– (For self-employed) Valid Business Registration Certificate with names of partners shown
– (For self-employed) Occupational license pertaining to your employment (e.g. Stall license, business license, property agent license).
Declaration forms, one set each for the applicant and spouse (if applicable), are required to be downloaded and printed after login to e-PR system. The signed declaration forms must be uploaded via the e-PR system during the submission of supporting documents.
Annex A to Form 4A
2) Non-Mandatory (a.k.a. supporting documents)
i. Cover letter – an executive summary of your profile to cover the following areas that the immigration authorities will be interested to know: your professional accolades, credentials and achievements, economic and social contributions to the country, family ties, physical presence and financial commitments in Singapore.
ii. Recommendation letters from local Singaporeans
iii. Proof for social integration – memberships in local clubs / associations / societies / organizations /etc.
iv. Insurance policies held locally.
v. Bank accounts, investment portfolio, retirement accounts, etc.
vi. & many more.
Based on the individual’s profile, there may be many other documents that can help one to enhance or improve their consideration for Singapore PR. Here in The Immigration People, we have seen many cases whereby clients devote time and effort in producing certain documents for their PR application only for it to be scrutinized and eventually rejected. As you may aware, ICA does not disclose the reason for rejection and as such, many applicants are left in the dark without knowing the exact reason or which documents could have been the reason for their failed attempt.
The work we do for our clients involve comprehensive review to ensure that all documents in our applicant’s application package meets the reviewing authorities’ standards and with our insider knowledge, we are able to tailor-make our clients’ package to be the best case forward fitting their profile to be presented to the ICA. By doing so, we are eliminating all potential rejection risks for our clients, narrowing down to only quota risk. Save yourself the stress and hassle by talking to our experienced immigration consultants. We offer honest and professional advice, without overselling or making tall claims. Contact us today and we are here to help.
Contact us for a complimentary private consultation session.